a) Grant of Pension:
- Sanction, notification, and payment of commutation of pension to Junior Commissioned Officer (JCO) , Soldiers and Civilians (Paid out of Defense Services)
- Rendition of Audit Reports.
b) Issue of Pension Payment Orders to PDOs:
- Army pensioners (JCOs/ Soldiers) are entertained through GPOs/NBPs/Scheduled Banks.
- Authorization of payment of pension to civil pensioners through National Bank of Pakistan, GPO and Treasuries wef 1/1/2011 direct credit facility is available to all Civilians and Military Pensioners.
c) Audit of Pension:
- Audit of Pension Paid Vouchers (PPVs) submitted by Pension Disbursement Offices (PDOs)..
d) Adjustment of Accounts:
- Adjustment of pension expenditure through Inward/Outward Exchange Accounts.
e) Automation of different sections:
- Creating database of all the pensioners .
- Introducing Computer-based auditing. .
- Allowing increases in pension through computer. .
- Running computerized Pay Roll System of the CMA (P) Office..